Monday, April 7, 2014

Coolness to my Eyes

Studying in UIA brings you one of the most wonderful gift of all times: Great friends.

The one thing that I missed the most after graduating was the company of my beloved friends of UIA.
Trustworthy, Loyal, Calm, Fun, Enthusiastic, Pious, Encouraging, Honest, Courageous and the list goes on and on if I wanna describe my best friends from UIA. No matter which country we hail from, we all share a common language of love and deeper understanding, and that's what matters the most.Its like the sweetest emotion to feel when you have them all around you, the chatter, the fun, the masti and most importantly that feeling of bliss that Allah has given you one of the most precious gifts- good company.

I love my friends to bits and having them over home this weekend completely uplifted my spirits and made me a more cheerful person at heart.

I cant thank them all enough for travelling so far from UIA to visit me and stay back for a night of fun, despite their very busy schedules! May Allah reward them.

Cooking and baking for them was even more joyous! My preggie state got me a lil exhasuted but my husband to my rescue all way and what can be more fun than cooking dinner with your husband!
So while he made his signature vegetable pulao, I was onto baked chicken pasta, potato salad, spicy brinjal chutney, Tzatziki and some caramel pudding for the dessert topped with choc cake and icecream and mint tea! So much fun eating together.

What comes next? A sareeeee dressup! I cant tell you how it felt to see my friends (each from a different country) finely draped in ma sarees! what a cherry to my eyes! it was soo much fun designing the whole thing  with Sam and Siddi and making them all look somewhat indian with the ornaments. All of them looked extremely gorgeous and divine!
A night of friends, good food and masti brought about an excellent morning to waking up to the smiles of your friends and cooking yummy chicken sandwiches together for breakfast.
Broga Hills, discovering the place around and a visit to a nearby resort.

And then the saddest part. Departure.
As much as my heart wanted to hold each one of them and keep them with me forever, i realize that this is Dunya and everything comes to an end here. Life goes on.And all of them have a journey to take.
We are all travelers and need to stop at our stations.

However, the sweet feeling lingers and motivates you to carry forward to achieve your goals to meet them all in  a better place and at a better time and everlastingly in Jannah Insha'Allah.


1 comment:

  1. Love you to bits! I was in Yemen but my heart yearns to meet all of you guys. Missed lots of fun especially those periods when many of us were still around. See you tomorrow insha Allah.

    ReplyDelete